Strawberry yoghurt cake „Princess“
This is a small and light no bake cake that my family uses to make for royal weddings in Europe. This is how the name was created. Please note that the cake needs to cool in the fridge for 4 hours.
Hope you like it too!
The recipe is for a springform cake mould diameter 18 cm.
100 g chocolate (70%)
60 g corn flakes
7 leaves gelatin
500 g strawberries
80 g sugar
200 g yoghurt
250 g whipping cream
- Melt chocolate in Bain-Marie and crush corn flakes in a plastic bag until small crumbs. Line the baking pan with baking paper.
- Mingle chocolate and corn flakes and pour in the pan. Spread evely and put in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden the flan case.
- In the mean time soak 5 leaves of gelatin in cold water. Wash strawberries, remove stem and put some aside for garnish (3-5 small strawberries). Cut the remaining strawberries into halve or quarter. Spread half of the cut strawberries in the flan case.
- Mix yoghurt and half of the sugar (40 g). Put a third of the yoghurt sugar mix in a small sauce pan and heat a little. Dissolve the gelatine in it. Mix in the rest of the yoghurt and whip cream. Fold the whipped cream carefully in the yoghurt mix. Pour on top of the strawberries in the springform pan. And put back into the refigerator for one hour.
- Blend the second half of the strawberries with the remaining 40 g sugar. Soak the remaining 2 leaves of gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes. Heat the puree a little and dissolve gelatine in the mix. Pour the slightly cooled strawberry mix on top of the yoghurt. Let cool and set in the fridge for four hours.
- For serving: Take the cake out of the springform pan using a knive and garnish with sugar covered strawberries. Enjoy!