Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
I’ve been making these cookies for at least 10 years maybe longer. Every time I make them they disappear hence the name.
2 sticks butter softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups plain oats ( quaker oats )
1 cup raisins or more if you like
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix all dry ingredients together and set aside. Beat together butter, sugar, and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla beat on medium speed until well blended.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Using rubber spatula fold in 3 cups of oats as well as the raisins.
- Drop rounded tablespoon fulls of dough onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Makes about 4-6 dozen depending on how big you want the cookies.