Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In small bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, cream together melted butter and all sugar until well blended.
- Beat in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk into sugar mixture until light and creamy.
- Mix dry ingredients into sugar mix until just blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand with wooden spoon.
- When dough blended, seal bowl and chill overnight in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 325 F (165 C)
- Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into 36 balls. Set balls onto cookie sheets 2 to 3 inches apart (12 balls per sheet).
- Bake for 15 – 17 minutes on center rack until cookie edges are lightly toasted.
- Remove cookies from oven and cool for 3 to 5 minutes on cookie sheet.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Repeat steps 9 through 12 until all dough is cooked. Makes 36 cookies.