This is a cake that is really yummy on it’s own, doesn’t necessarily require any icing. Try it out!
225 gm self raising flour
225 gm sugar
225 gm butter/margarine
3 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 160° and prepare your baking tin.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time beating until each egg is fully mixed before adding another one.
- Fold through the flour, milk and vanilla until the mixture is smooth.
- Divide the mixture between two bowls, add cocoa powder to one part of the mixture and mix till fully combined.
- Put your batter into the tin, alternating the plain batter with the coloured batter to have layers and spread well.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Once the cake is fully baked, leave to cool in the tin for 10mins.
- Remove from tin and leave to cool completely.