Banana pudding poke cake
1 box yellow cake
2 packages instant banana pudding mix
20 each vanilla wafers
8 oz whipped topping
2 each bananas
- bake cake as directed in 9×13″ pan
- let cake cool for about 2-3 minutes and poke holes with the stick of a wooden spoon or something of that size
- in bowl whisk together pudding mix and 4 cups milk. let sit just to slightly thickened (still able to pour)
- pour over cake, spread with back of spoon being sure to push into holes.
- refrigerate cake until completely cooled.
- slice bananas over pudding top and then spread whipped topping
- crush up wafers, leaving a few larger pieces for crunch. sprinkle over cake. this step can be saved until right before serving so cookies keep their crunch.